Last summer while at the local Peoples Market, I visited a booth that sold bitters made locally, Bear Root Bitters. I’m now a huge fan and I have several of their varieties but the Habanero Ginger is my favorite and I wanted to find a cocktail to fit it into.
I looked up what cocktails used bitters and the Champagne Cocktail caught my eye. I switched the cognac to my favorite whiskey, Wyoming Whiskey. I didn’t like the texture from the sugar cube so I went with simple syrup.
After much experimentation with booze balances, garnishes, rimmers, etc I had a brainstorm over a hot cherry and came up with the Habanero Cherry concoction. Perhaps it was the cocktails speaking to me, but it came out perfect for this cocktail. I hope you enjoy.
Wyoming Hot Pot
- 2 Iced Martini Glasses
- Cocktail Shaker
- Measuring Shot Glass
- 1 Jar Maraschino Cherries
- 1 Habanero Chili Fresh
- Sweet Vermouth
- 8 oz Prosecco or Sparkling Wine Not too dry
- 1 oz Wyoming Whiskey https://www.wyomingwhiskey.com/
- ½ oz Simple Syrup Adjust for sweetness
- 2 Squirts Bear Root Habanero Ginger Bitters https://www.bearrootbitters.com/
- Pour out ½ the liquid from the cherries.
- Remove the seeds and stem from the Habanero and cut into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Add the pepper pieces to the jar,
- Fill to top of Cherries with the sweet vermouth.
- Let sit in refridgerator for about a week.
Mixing The Cocktail
- Half fill the shaker with ice.
- Add 1 oz Wyoming Whiskey and ½ oz simple syrup to the shaker and shake.
- Add a squirt of Bear Root Habanero Ginger Bitters to each chilled or frozen martini glass. (About half the provided dropper)
- Divide the whiskey mix between 2 glasses.
- Add 4 oz of the Prosecco to each glass.
- Drop a Habanero Cherry in each glass.