Please rate my recipe at bottom of this page.
Roasted Poblano Pepper
I use roasted peppers in many of my recipes. These are simple instructions to roast your pepper on a gas stove top. If you have an electric stove get your grill super hot.
- Poblano Pepper
You will need
- Brown paper lunch bag OR
- Glass or ceramic bowl with glass or ceramic cover. (No plastic)
- High Temp Chef Tongs
- Chef Knife
- Rinse pepper and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Put the pepper directly on the burner. When the pepper starts making a popping sound and blisters, reposition. Do this until all sides and tip are black and/or blistered. Don't cook it too long, just enough to blister the skin.
- When all sides are black and/or blistered transfer into paper bag and close the top. Don't leave unattended. If you use a glass or ceramic bowl do not use one that absorbs liquid. The steam the pepper releases loosens the skin.
- Let pepper sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- This is the really messy part... Transfer the peppers to a cutting board. Hold the pepper with the tongs, and scrape the skin off with a large chef knife, being careful not to cut the pepper. It's OK to leave a little black on the pepper, it adds flavor.
- Cut pepper as needed for recipe.
This also works for other peppers.