22 February, 2020
February 22nd is National Margarita Day!Jump to Recipe
Margaritas are not all that hard to make and only take a few simple ingredients. My standard recipe is easy but is more appropriate for weekends at home, they pack a powerful punch. I came up with this version for hot summer days where you don’t want to get sloshed because you drank that margarita way too fast. I designed it specifically for the Pampered Chef Infusing Water Bottle… long before I became a Pampered Chef Independent Consultant.
Several years ago I took a tequila class with a few friends (my husband had to drop us off and pick us up!) I took away a few things from that class…
- 100% agave tequila is the only tequila to buy, and I like the aged tequila.
- There are many reasonably priced tequilas that fit that and are good for mixing, my favorite is Jimenez.
- Don Julio is my absolute favorite sipping tequila.
- And last but not least, smoked Mescal makes a to die for Bloody Maria!!! But, the smoke smell comes out of your skin in the morning. HOLY SMOKES! I have not had any since.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
- Infusion Water Bottle (Pampered Chef Item Number 1287)
- Knife to cut lime
- Cutting Board
- 1 Lime
- 1 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 ½ oz Triple Sec
- 3 oz Tequila 100% Agave
- Sparkling Water Unflavored and Unsweet
- 1 dash Orange Bitters
- Take the lid assembly of the Infusion Water Bottle off and set aside.
- Cut lime into 4 or 5 pieces.
- hand squeeze the pieces of lime, one at a time, into the Infusion Water Bottle and drop the lime into it.
- Add the simple syrup.
- Muddle the lime and simple syrup together until well mixed.
- Add the tequila, triple sec, and bitters.
- Put the lid assembly on the Infusion Water Bottle being sure to keep the lime under the basket.
- Tip the lid far enough to add ice to the top of the Infusion Water Bottle.
- Fill the rest of the Infusion Water Bottle with sparkling water.
- Give a little shake to work the lid into position and screw on lid.
- Enjoy your Margarita Fizzy from the flip-up opening . When half gone add more sparkling water as desired.
- If using the flip-up straw, carefully mix the soda and tequila mixture first. I blow air through the straw to force the tequila mixture into the upper part of the cocktail.