9 March, 2019
March 9 is National Meatball Day!Jump to Recipe
Please rate my recipe at bottom of this page.
Hunting is a part of my family's life and life in Wyoming. We keep a freezer full of game meat to feed us all year long. My husband and son love antelope, I could take it or leave it. It is a little strong for my liking so I'm always looking for ways to fix it so I can enjoy dinner too.
This was sort of an accidental success. We thawed antelope burger for dinner and had a package of thawed pork sausage that didn't get eaten over the weekend. I looked at several meatball recipes for basic ideas and added my own style. Smoking it on the outdoor grill was key, antelope meatballs that I even loved.
We serve these on pasta with spaghetti sauce but they taste awesome on their own, in a meatball sub, and would even be great in a meatball slider. Try smoking them in advance of a camping trip and finish them off on the campfire.
In years past I used my hand to mix meatloaf, meatballs, ect. This time I used my Pampered Chef Mix 'n Chop... and I'm never going back! it did a through job combining the ingredients and I didn't get my hands icky.
- Treager Smoker
- Manual Food Processor
- Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater
- Large bowl
- Garlic press
- Mix 'n Chop
- Large Scoop (1.5 oz)
- RockCrok Grill stone
- 1 LB Ground Antelope
- 1 LB Pork Sausage
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese Freshly Grated
- 3 Cloves Garlic Pressed
- 1 Medium Onion OR - 1 TBSP Onion Powder
Baking and Spices
- 1½ TBSP Pampered Chef Italian Seasoning Mix Item Number: 9719
- 2 TSP Ground Pepper
- 1½ TSP Sea Salt
- 1 TBSP Dried Parsley Flakes Or ¼ cup fresh chopped
- ⅔ Cup Italian Bread Crumbs Or plain bread crumbs and increase the Italian herbs by ½ TBSP
- 2 TSP Worcestershire Sauce
- Chop the onion in the Manual Food Processor into small pieces.
- Grate the Parmesan Cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, using a garlic press to press garlic directly into the bowl.
- Mix well with the Mix 'N Chop.
- Scoop into 2" meatballs onto the RockCrok Grill Stone.
- Bring the Treager to smoing temurature, 160º, and smoke for 20 minutes.
- Turn treager up to 350° and cook until done through, about 20 minutes. Do not overcook, the meatballs will contunue to cook on the hot stone after you take them off the grill.