or Herbie vs. Cousin It
I had to keep Cousin it locked away in a closet for Halloween until he made an appearance with the Jackson Hole Community Band at their annual Concert for the Kids.
Easy Cousin It
This super easy Cousin It Halloween prop is a hit whenever he shows up for an event.
Yield: 1 Cousin It
Cost: < $25
- 1 Wire Tomato Cage NOT Plastic
- 1 box Plastic Wrap
- 2 – 3 Hula Skirts Buy in spring at Dollar Store or Amazon has them year round.
- 1 – 4 Wire Tie From your junk drawer.
- 1 Derby Hat
- 1 Child's Sunglasses Buy in spring at Dollar Store or Amazon has them year round.
- Turn the tomato cage upside down and bend down the stakes.
- Wrap the cage in plastic wrap.
- Wrap the hula skirts around the cage. If the cage is taller than the skirt is long start low and use wire ties to hold in place. Use enough skirts to cover with a full head of ‘hair’. They are only a buck, don’t be stingy.
- Use wire tie to secure ends to top.
- Place hat on top.
- Place glasses appropriately, it can be stuck through the plastic wrap or taped to it.