18 May, 2020
Cream of Asparagus Soup
When I first signed up to be a Pampered Chef Consultant I had the opportunity to get the Deluxe Cooking Blender for 60% off. At first I thought “what would I do with another blender”, I had just bought a new, non cooking, blender a year prior. Then decided that if I’m going to sell it I’m going to learn to use it. WOW! So glad I made that decision.
The powerful motor in the Pampered Chef Deluxe Cooking Blender blends a professional quality, smooth frozen Margarita. No ice chunks! It makes nut butters, smoothies, alternative milks, jams, and SOUP! With eight preprogrammed settings and two custom settings, there’s no guesswork.
One of the things that kept me from making my own creamed soups is the babysitting in the kitchen. There was a lot of time involved to make just a few cups of soup, time I didn’t have. I love that I can throw everything in one vessel, press a button, and walk away.
The cookbook that came with my new PC DCB has lots of yummy looking recipes, but I like to cook with things I usually buy and are in my fridge or pantry, no extra shopping. My cousin has a foodie blog I subscribe to, The Lazy Gastronome. She had posted a Cream of Asparagus Soup recipe I had been wanting to try, so I winged it in the DCB. WOW! Easy and delicious. This is the soup I make most often and everyone wants the recipe. Thank you CUZ!
This recipe is yummy as is, however garnishing with crab is and indulgent and delicious addition. Enjoy!
Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Deluxe Cooking Blender
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
Cooking Blender Cooking Cycle
- 1-1/2 cup Asparagus Cleaned
- 2 cups Cold water
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Pepper Rub Pampered Chef
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream or half and half
- 2 Cloves Garlic Peeled
- 2 oz Gouda cheese cut into small chunks.
Optional for Garnish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Sour Cream
- Crab Meat Cooked
- Measure out all ingredients
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook until the flour starts to brown slightly, whisking the whole time.
- Add the roux to the blender
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the cheese and optional items
- Set the blender to soup and start
- When the blender is done cooking (beeps) add the cheese and blend until smooth and well mixed.
- Serve with salt and pepper to taste, a dallop of our cream and about 1/4 c of cooked crab meat to garnish.
Mom, wife, computer geek, web designer, musician, board member, ski bum, bicyclist, camper, glamper, fishing woman, treasure hunter, bookkeeper, office wizard, blogger, vlogger, foodie, and Pampered Chef Independent Consultant, trekking through life in Jackson Hole, Wyoming