I had to keep Cousin it locked away in a closet for Halloween until he made an appearance with the Jackson Hole Community Band at their annual Concert for the Kids.
Pintrest is a fun place to find new ideas. While surfing one day I found easy instructions for making a Cousin It Halloween prop. All you need is:
- A tomato cage
- Plastic Wrap (I added this to keep skirt in place)
- 2 or 3 Hula Skirts
- A wire tie
- Child’s sunglasses
- Tun the tomato cage upside down and bend down the stakes.
- Wrap the cage in plastic wrap.
- Wrap the hula skirts around the cage. If the cage is taller than the skirt is long start low and use wire ties to hold in place.
- Use enough skirts to cover with a full head of ‘hair’. They are only a buck, don’t be stingy.
- Use wire tie to secure ends to top.
- Place hat on top.
- Place glasses appropriately, it can be stuck through the plastic wrap or taped to it.